Welcome to RBA Membership
In support of RBA's mission to make retail banking an internationally recognised profession worldwide, the Retail Banking Academy has founded RBA Membership - the first international professional body of its kind anywhere in the world exclusively dedicated to retail bankers.
Our mission is to promote retail banking as a recognised profession by:
- forming the world’s first international community of professionally-qualified retail bankers.
- supporting RBA Members throughout their careers, offering a wide range of continuous professional development opportunities and research services.
- providing RBA Members with an opportunity publicly to demonstrate their commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards and excellence in retail banking.
Benefits of membership
RBA membership will send a powerful message to your customers, colleagues and the regulators that you are committed to maintaining the highest standards of professionalism in your work. Becoming an RBA Member gives you access to a wide selection of benefits, such as:
- Your name and designation will be listed in the online RBA Membership Directory.
- Your own designation pin. We will send it to your postal address
- Access to an international alumni network of like-minded retail banking professionals.
- Continuous professional development opportunities.
- Access to a cutting edge and unparalleled research resource via the RBA Membership CPD Portal, such as recorded live events, reports, webinars, podcasts, and presentations.
Who can become an RBA Member?
RBA Candidates who have passed an RBA Qualification examination (i.e. Retail Banking, Cards and Payments or Islamic Banking curriculum) may apply for Associate Membership.
- Candidates who have passed the Retail Banking I examination are eligible to use after their name the letters ARB I - Associate Retail Banker I.
- Candidates who have passed the Retail Banking II examination are eligible to use after their name the letters ARB II - Associate Retail Banker II.
- Candidates who have passed the Retail Banking III examination are eligible to use after their name the letters ARB III - Associate Retail Banker III.
Associate membership annual fee is $50 USD.
RBA Candidates who have passed an RBA Qualification examination (i.e. Retail Banking, Cards and Payments or Islamic Banking curriculum) at all three levels - e.g. Retail Banking I, Retail Banking II, Retail Banking III - may apply for Certified Membership and are eligible to use after their name the letters CRB - Certified Retail Banker.
Certified membership annual fee is $100 USD.
RBA Candidates who have passed an RBA Certification examination (e.g. Foundation, Private Banker, Customer Service, SME Lending, Branch Manager, Product Manager), may apply for Associate Membership and are eligible to use after their name the letters ARB - Affiliate Retail Banker.
Affiliate membership annual fee is $50 USD.
Fellowships may be granted to Certified Members of good standing who have participated in and annually completed the RBA's Continuing Professional Development Programme and for a minimum of five years.
This grade of membership carries the designation of FRB and fellowship annual fee is $100 USD.
What are the RBA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements?
Find out more about our RBA CPD requirements HERE